The Village of Climpy
The Village of Climpy is located 1 mile (1½ km) north west of Forth
Following the discovery of coal in this area by the Wilson Brothers the village of Climpy was built to accomodate the workmen about 1798.
Climpy has been home to deep mining for coal since the 19th century and more recently open-cast mining. the majority of the area has been developed as a wet grassland for breeding birds.
The Original gate House at Climpy (picture supplied by John Lauder).
The History Of Climpy